|Sorry Pix is fuzzy..didn't have flash on!|
Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
- 2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
DirectionsLightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown. Drain off fat.
Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Pour wine over all.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
I think I'd better taste before you alllll try. I'll report tomorrow.........
FYI: One of the ingrediences is ( Beefy Onion Lipton Soup) I had never seen that before. Sure enough there it was in the supermarket. It has a couple yummy looking recipes on the back I'm going to try.
All you hard working friends out there....it time to sit down, tune out the kids and in some cases the boss, put your feet up and enjoy a glass of wine.......one glass at a time.....