Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 8hr 00m
- 1 3-pound piece corned beef brisket (with spice packet, if included)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 12-ounce bottle amber ale
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
By Sara Quessenberry, March 2010
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place the beef, the contents of the spice packet (if included), carrots, and ale. Cook, covered, until the beef is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. (This is easiest to do in a food processor with the slicing blade.)
- Transfer the beef from the slow cooker to a cutting board; if the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. Add the Brussels sprouts to the carrots and liquid in the slow cooker. Cook, covered, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, and tarragon.
- Slice the beef. Serve with the vegetables and sour cream sauce.
Oh my.... it must really be the season......I'm going crazy looking for recipes. Be sure and let me know if you try any of these and if they're yummy. I'm in love with crock pot ideas. It seems like the best plan for the beginning of the busy season. I'm counting on you ladies (and guy) to try some of these. Between project and trying recipes my better half thinks we need to take out a loan to pay for everything I want to put on my blog.
If any of you out in cyber land have a too die for recipe....I would love to post it. Just go to the bottom of my blog and subscribe. Get out those kitchen whips and let's get cooking. Only 35 days till Christmas...Did I really say that out loud let alone put it in print. One day at a time......