Friday, December 24, 2010

Remember...The Reason for the Season

This was a personal Christmas miracle in 2009..One year I will share the story!
Is 2011 really knocking on the door? I remember as a child, thinking I can hardly wait till I'm a teenager...I can hardly wait till I can drive....I can hardly wait to get out of school.....I can hardly wait to legally have a drink....I can hardly wait to have a baby.....I can hardly wait till my baby can walk, and talk, and start first grade....then I will have some time to myself.  Then a sad feeling starts to creep into my mind even though at the time I didn't really know what I was feeling. Time waits for no one! There it was....time was starting to be an enemy and not my friend. A thought we all have when we get to a certain age ....if I've heard it once I've heard it a thousand times......Where has the time gone? I think next year I'm going to slow down and cherish each day and try to live it to the fullest. But! deep down I know we start with good intentions but soon slide back into the old pattern. Maybe we can help each other. When you see your friends going in a hundred different directions with no calm in sight......Remind them... laundry, weeds, dishes, and bills will all be there tomorrow.....(well maybe you better pay your bills) ...but...everything else is open for review. Mentally make a list of everything that needs to be done today.....then put all the things you want to do at the top of the list and if there's time....do all the things you weren't crazy about. Even if we can do this a couple times a month...we will start cheating time. So!  as I give tu-lips a rest for a week or so.....remember to give time to your family, your friends, your neighbors and even strangers....But most of all....give time to your God....for this is what it is all about.........I will see you on the otherside of 2010......One blessing at a time..........

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cos --
    Love the snow angel! Thanks for the nice message, and we'll see you next year!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
    Love,
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post as always! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked that message a lot, Sherri. Thanks for the reminder. All good things in the new year for you!

    ReplyDelete