Sunday, December 12, 2010

S T R and now T

During a time of celebration, and fellowship it would appear to be a strange time to talk about STROKES...but....I can't think of a better time. We are around a lot of people this time of year. I think it is important to know the (3) signs and now (4) sign of a stroke. This knowledge could help someone celebrate another year with family and friends because you know the warning signs. If you witness someone fall or act strange all of a sudden.....remember this:

S  *Ask the individual to SMILE.
T  *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE  (Coherently)
R  *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.


If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

 

NOTE:  Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other
 that is also an indication of a stroke.

I urge you to practice these signs, the life you save may be your loved one.  Thank you Aunt Sally for sharing this with me........One life at a time....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri, I am so happy to have found this post! I just mentioned my Mom's stroke on my post today. She had one in September, and luckily I was with her and we rushed to the emergency room. She is doing well now. I am very interested in helping spread awareness of this complicated medical issue! Thank you for helping! Linda

    ReplyDelete